We charge an hourly rate for our services. The hourly rates of our solicitors vary, as do the number of hours required to convey a property. To give you an indication of our likely fees, we set out below example fee estimates for matters of varying complexity.
- Low complexity – from £995 to £3,000
- Mid complexity – from £3,000 to £6,000
- High complexity – in excess of £6,000 (certain high-value or highly complex transactions could cost up to £100,000)
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as search fees. We would usually discuss these additional third-party costs and services with you in advance and incur those costs on your behalf when necessary. You are responsible for these costs, though we would usually handle their payment for you to ensure a smoother process and add these costs to your invoice.
This list is not exhaustive and other disbursements may apply.
- With a few exceptions, purchasers must pay Stamp Duty Land Tax on the purchase. An estimate of Stamp Duty Land Tax can be obtained by visiting HMRC's website or Welsh Revenue Authority's website if the property is located in Wales.
- Property sellers may be liable for capital gains tax.
- Certain leasehold properties can only be transferred with the consent of the landlord for which they and their lawyers will charge a fee.
- The lease may require other fees to be paid to the landlord or to the property’s management company. The level of such fees varies considerably.
- Ground rent and service charge are likely to apply throughout your ownership of any leasehold property.
In addition to our fees, you will need to budget for the following:
- Search fees (buyer only) £400–£700
- HM Land Registry fee £40–£900 depending on value (per registration)
- Electronic money transfer fee £40 (national) and £75 (international) per transfer
- Energy performance certificates £100
- Instructing a surveyor, environmental auditor and valuer as appropriate •Any indemnity policies required
- Any fees and penalties for redemption to be charged by your bank (these vary widely, but apply only to mortgage-funded purchases)
- Selling agents’ fees or buying agents’ fees
- Mortgage brokers’ fees