Complaints handling procedure
Our complaints policy
At DILLEX SOLICITORS, we are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact us with the details. What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 14 working days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our complaint managing partner, Miss Amaka Okafor, who will review your matter and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
- Miss Okafor will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. She will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within 5 days of the meeting, Miss Okafor will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Miss Okafor will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for the firm’s Quality Representative, Ms Angela Ezeoke to review Miss Okafor’s decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Generally, any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made no later than 12 months after the consumer found there was a problem and within 6 months of the consumer receiving a final response from their lawyer. For further information, you should contact them in writing using the above address or by telephone on 0300 555 0333.
- If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.